Imagine what it would be like to rid yourself of these excess pounds and unhappy feelings as you strive towards your own ideal weight.
By: Harry Papas
Consider the following 9-point action plan to get to and maintain your ideal weight:
1. ACKNOWLEDGE the pain: Accept that you’re upset, sad, tired, and frustrated with your current weight and health.
2. Specifically OBSERVE what causes these feelings: Observe the conditions and situations, and the feelings in- side you and around you that contribute to the unhappiness you feel being overweight.
3. THINK and FEEL about the alternative: Imagine what it would be like to rid yourself of these excess pounds and unhappy feelings as you strive towards your own ideal weight.
4. ANALYZE your reasons for losing weight: Think about why you want to become slimmer (to feel better, to look better), and how your life is negatively impacted by remaining overweight. Repeat these analyses constantly.
5. CREATE incentives for losing weight: These are springboards that will give you the drive and power to stick with your weight-loss plan (a vacation, new outfit, or other reward).
6. DECIDE to begin: You’ve made your decision. Express it constantly and happily. Say to yourself, “I can and will get to my ideal weight.”
7. ACT on your commitment: Make a daily effort by going on the SLIMMER nutritional program, drinking more water, and increasing your physical activity.
8. EMPOWER your effort: Emit positive thoughts and energy for success. Feel good about your effort.
9. WITNESS the results: You’ve now lost all your excess pounds, and have achieved your ideal weight. Remember: To maintain your ideal weight forever, you need to perma- nently adopt the good dietary habits of the Slimmer program.
Slimmer is a Life Choice
Getting rid of excess pounds may only be a decision that you’ve made at the beginning, but the reality of shedding those pounds will depend upon your actions and your choices.
Keep in mind that LIFE IS NOTHING BUT A SERIES OF CHOICES.
Remain devoted to your goal at all times and you will surely succeed. Just about all our life achievements are the result of combining persistence, desire, and focus on what we would like to see happen. This is no different.
And remember to be patient with yourself. Good results come to those who know how to wait and work towards their goals. Believe that you are this type of person and the success of weight loss will be yours.
Copyright © 2012 Harry Papas, author of Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lost Weight
About the Author:
Harry Papas, author of Slimmer: The New Mediterranean Way to Lost Weight, is a leading certified dietician and bestselling author in Greece, specializing in overweight and obesity issues. The founder of one of Greece’s top diet and weight-loss centers located in Athens, Papas created the Slimmer nutrition system to lose weight permanently, maintain a healthy lifestyle, and help others do the same.