Detoxification, can be done at home with the addition of a few foods in your meals. Given here are a few foods that you can incorporate in your daily diet.
People who binge frequently are many times a storehouse of various ailments. This especially holds true as we begin to age. Ever wonder why? Well, this is because our body needs cleansing from time to time. This cleansing, known as detoxification, can be done at home with the addition of a few foods in your meals. Given below are a few foods that you can incorporate in your daily diet:
- Basil – This herb can be grown easily at home. It has a lot of medicinal properties and does more than adding flavor to your dishes. It is an antioxidant and also helps in digestion. It also detoxifies the kidneys keeps them free of toxins.
- Ginger – This s an essential in many Asian meals. The addition of grated or finely chopped ginger to food keeps the digestion in good condition. It cleanses the bowels and kidneys and is also good for skin. When the decoction of ginger is taken along with basil and honey, it cures cold. Add it to your food for enhancing taste and also for a boost of health.
- Lemon Peel – Lemon juice is added to dishes to enhance their taste and for the many properties that the juice has but lemon peel is usually thrown away. Lemon peel is rich in nutrients, minerals and vitamins and helps to digest food too. When lemon zest is added to food, it enhances the flavor.
- Turmeric – This spice has a lot of benefits and is used in food. It has anti-septic properties and is known for its capacity to burn body fats, for blood purification and improving digestion. Chewing turmeric roots is a cure for acne and it promotes healthy skin with glowing complexion.
- Peppermint – This is a powerful detoxification herb that cleanses the body. It also increases oxygen in the blood and cleanses stomach. When chewed, it acts as a mouth freshener.
- Hemp – The seeds of this plant are rich in anti-oxidants and contain Vitamins C and E in abundance. They also contain chlorophyll that detoxifies the body. Add hemp seeds to your salads and yogurt for all its benefits.
These naturally occurring herbs and foods are good for health and promote detoxification. You do not have to starve yourself, drinking just water and juices for cleansing your body. Why not enjoy the benefits of the herbs while enjoying the flavors that they bring to your meals?
About the Author:
Jessica Gomes is a healthy living and anti-aging expert.She recommends yearly detoxification if you do not want to buy anti-wrinkle creams or depend on human growth hormone supplements to look young and full of energy as you age.
Photo: Amanda Kae