A “handy” way to stay healthy. When should kids and grownups wash their hands?
Help your children maintain proper hygiene to stay healthy and prevent unnecessary illness by getting them into the habit of washing their hands frequently and properly. When should kids (and grownups) wash their hands?
- When they are visibly dirty
- Before preparing and immediately after handling food
- Before eating
- After using the toilet
- After contact with contaminated surfaces (e.g., garbage bins, cleaning cloths)
- After handling pets and domestic animals
- After wiping or blowing one’s nose, handling soiled tissues, or sneezing into one’s hands
- After contact with blood